There are plenty of things to keep the family entertained for free in Tipperary.
1. Explore ‘Holy Cross Abbey’ only a 40 minute journey from the hotel. This is located in North Tipperary, and considered one of the top 20 tourist heritage sites in Ireland.
2. Take a hike on our numerous beautiful walking trails. The beautiful Comeragh Mountains are located in Clonmel. So make sure to bring your bike on your next family holiday. The hotel would only be too delighted to store these for you.
3. Go for a picnic in the beautiful Glen of Aherlow. This is only a 20 minute drive from the hotel. Feel yourself ascend into the mountains as you climb your way into one of the most scenic places in Ireland. With copious amounts of picnic benches and beautiful walks this is what good family memories are made of.
4. Visit the local Clonmel Market; this is on every Saturday Morning plus also the Cahir Farmers Market, this is located in the Cahir Castle Car Park.
5. Take a trip to the famous ‘Apple Farm’; this is just a 5 minute drive from the hotel. The farm was bought by its current owners in 1968, and between then and now it went from being a mixed farm like so many others at that time, to specialising in fruit. As well as apples, pears, plums, sweet cherries, strawberries and raspberries are grown. When Con Traas and his family are not busy with this, you will find them making apple juice, and mixed juices from our other fruits; all done here on the farm. They even make a sparkling apple juice and cider vinegar here too.There is a farm shop from which the produce is available all year round, and visitors are free to wander around the orchards to experience it all www.theapplefarm.com
6. Visit Clonmel Library; it also has free internet access.
7. Visit Mulcahy Park in Clonmel. This is one of the best children’s playgrounds in the county. This is only a short spin from the hotel
8. Go and feed the ducks at Marlfield Lake. Ask in the restaurant or at reception for some bread to feed the ducks. Only within a 5 minute drive from the hotel, let the children run around in this beautiful area while you take a lovely stroll and soak up the beautiful scenery Tipperary has to offer.
9. Enjoy ‘Lenny the Lion Cine Club’ in the hotel during the summer months or school term holidays.
10. Visit ‘The Denis Burke Park’ - The principle features of the new park are an amphitheatre for public performances seating in excess of 200 people in the open air, an adventure area catering for the 2-12 age category, an enclosed space where groups such as the Scouts and Girl Guides can carry out activities in a safe confined area, picnic benches and seating areas, two disabled persons fishing ports, looped walkways around the park, and an additional access point into the Park encouraging the public to take a sense of ownership of the Park and to utilise it for the common good.
There are so many local festivals & events on in Tipperary, so please ask at reception when you arrive as to what is happening today!